November is almost over and it is officially Thanksgiving in Fall River. It is imperative that we make sure to have our Holiday itinerary in order as that will ensure a Holiday well spent. Fall River is here and will do everything in its power to make this Holiday season as special as ever.
It comes as no surprise that a few venues will be hosting some events to kick off Thanksgiving the proper way this year! Troy City Brewing will be hosting a pre-thanksgiving event on the 27th of November. Joins the residents of Fall River on the 27th for a Thanksgiving Eve event that will include food and Musical Bingo as well. You can save the date & time directly to your google calendar from the venue’s website, here.
You can make sure to bring your energy and appetite to this hometown party at Boneheads Live. Boneheads wants you to get a sample of what they are about and that is why they will be offering a live buffet in addition to seeing ‘Back in the Day’ band run through a live set. Don’t hesitate to check out the details of this event.
Have you already planned out all your Thanksgiving recipes? If you haven’t made recipe plans yet, Advisors Living and Highland Farms are here to help you figure out a resolution to your recipes woes. Make sure your family is well fed this Holiday season! I’m sure you have the routines items you have planned for everyone but why not take this chance to add a couple items to your Thanksgiving arsenal. If going out isn’t the usual event for you and your family during this time of year, then maybe you can spice it up with some new recipes for Thanksgiving dinner! Highland Farms is happy to help you make the side dish selection the best yet. It is imperative that you have access to the best recipes ranging from specially made cranberry sauce to freshly made stuffing. Make your life easier and instead of trying to create new recipes on the fly this Thanksgiving, re-create one of these masterpieces. We have found a list of phenomenal side meals to set the tone for Thanksgiving Day dinner. A festive example of a potential dish is Spinach & Artichoke Stuffing.
- 1 large loaf French bread
- 2 c. frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 c. mozzarella, divided
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped sage
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Cubed
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Tear or slice bread into cubes and leave out overnight to dry out. (Alternately, place bread on baking sheets and bake at 200º for 20 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a large baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, spinach, artichoke hearts, and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery and cook until onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and herbs and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and cream cheese and bring to a simmer until cream cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared baking dish, making sure it is evenly distributed. Pour over cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake until liquid is evaporated and cheese is melted and golden, 20-25 minutes. Serve.
You’re now fully prepared to take on Thanksgiving this year! Highland Farms is happy to play whatever role in your enjoyment of Fall River. You have everything you need right here and Fall River is happy to support your festive nature as the Holidays quickly starts approaching. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!